Martin has 20 years’ experience in the City, including over 12 years assessing and developing leaders, investment professionals and teams. He also works in private practice as a psychotherapist for City professionals. He draws on many years of personal leadership experience, alongside extensive formal development as a coach and depth psychologist. He has held board positions on the Fixed Income Management Board and the Macro Investment Management Board at M&G Investments, and he has worked as a pension scheme trustee. He has worked with leaders in Europe, US, Asia and Africa.
Martin works with coaching clients at two levels: engaging with coaching needs at a practical. solutions level; and working psychologically to address long standing patterns of thinking that underpin the coaching needs.
Martin loves sharing his downtime with his wife and identical twins, particularly in the outdoors. He is also generally occupied with perpetually fighting the tide of niggling injuries as he tries to regain his previous level of fitness. When not injured, he likes hiking, running and road cycling, most often in the local Surrey hills. He also enjoys reading and learning, particularly to develop his interest in the neuroscience and treatment of psychological trauma.
Location: London, UK
Career History & Experience:
Leadenhall Consulting: Associate
Psyche In The City: Psychotherapist
M&G Prudential (M&G Plc): Director of Leadership, Talent, D&I
M&G Investments: Head of Leadership, Talent, D&I
M&G Investments: HR Director and Head of Investment Talent
M&G Investments: HR Director and Head of Strategic Resourcing
Citi/SSSB: M&A HR Analyst
- Asset Management
- Real Estate
- National Charities
Qualifications & Training:
- Graduate of the Meyler Campbell Business Coach Programme
- British Psychological Society, Qualified Specialist in Test Use (Level A & B)
- Accredited to use a range of psychometric tools, including Hogan Assessments HDS, HPI, MVPI; Talent Q Dimensions; Neo PI-R; MBTI
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapy
- Member of the British Psychological Society and Special Group in Coaching
- Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
- Chartered Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development