Our Consulting Firm Client decided to review the existing parental transition coaching provision.
Our Consulting Firm Client decided to review the existing parental transition coaching provision. We had already developed our parental transition offering as the result of several of our coaches believing that Coaching on Demand was the ideal delivery platform for this type of work. Parental transition has become increasingly more sophisticated which traditionally focused on maternity coaching for mothers but now includes support for fathers, gay couples, adopting parents, surrogacy and non-traditional family situations.
All one-to-one coaching was provided via the Coaching on Demand platform. We provided a choice of eight female coaches and four male coaches who were all parents, qualified coaches and former career professionals who had balanced family and careers. The programme was designed to support parents to be before parental leave, during parental leave and the return to the office.
- Preparing for parental leave: ensuring good handovers and leaving work with confidence that all is in hand
- Maintaining communication, staying connected, considering career choices and building confidence for the return
- Preparing effectively for the return to work including work arrangements, handovers and ensuring childcare arrangements are in place
- Re-engaging with stakeholders, building back into the role and the team. Managing the balance of work and the new domestic arrangements
- Broader issues of confidence, identity as a parent, wellbeing and managing expectations
The overall score for the coaching feedback from coachees was 4.9 out of 5 across the board.